Thursday, June 10, 2010

Busy day!

And I know the only way I've made it through is due to the diet change.  When I read about people saying they had more "energy", it was such a vague term to me.  I know it is because I never felt a change like I have since I started the Raw/EAD Food Health Experiment.

This morning, I woke around 6am.  Got up, had my homemade veggie/fruit/green juice.  Got ready for a meeting at 10am downtown, which meant pulling out materials I had stored away for over 6 months, tracking down papers, flyers, and folders that I needed.  I had a cup of raw granola I made from leftover rye berries, dried fruit and a bit of honey with cashew milk as a snack before heading out the door.

In the meeting and driving around afterward, I could tell my mind was working better.  I could keep thoughts in my mind longer and follow a longer train of thought than I have in months, if not years.  I felt more like I used to before the years of prednisone fogged my mind.

I ran around returning and buying goods in Poulsbo (about 25 minutes from home), and returned home at 4pm still feeling good enough to plan what I wanted for dinner and make it.

I ran out of time to make the Portobello Mushroom dish I picked out, so I had to go rogue!  I looked through the fridge and grabbed what sounded like it would work together. 

Cream of Avocado and Tomato Pistou Soup

 
I don't mean to brag on myself, but I'll tell ya'...I was licking the spatula like it was cake batter in the days of old!  Dang, this is good stuff!  If anyone wants a recipe, just post a comment and I'll get back to you with it.

Well, all that energy is finally draining off.  Time to get tucked up in bed with a good book. 

Peace, love, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment