Monday, June 14, 2010

Looks like I slacked off a day....but, I'm just late in the day

Drove to Redmond, WA (home of Microsoft), for my final raw food preparation class.  Today was breakfast and brunches.  Once again, delicious food.  I must say, when I got home I was a bit nut and sweet'ed out.  Today's menu were two green smoothies, oatmeal with raisins, tropical fruit crepes with mango sauce, and cinnamon rolls (of a sort).  With all the dried fruit and nuts, I came home craving green things.

Amazingly, though, I put almost all the recipes into my Living Cookbook software, then put the nutritional stat's in my health tracking system and my total values for the day were below the standard line.  It's amazing.

Something else I learned is that miso is packed with salt!  I will use it sparingly.

On my way to Redmond, I reviewed my favorite spanish and french cookbooks for possible recipes to convert into raw meals.  I found several, so far, that look very promising.  I realized that if I'm going to try the contest video, I'm going to need a better recipe than the soup.  I'll need something more complex and blended in flavorings.  I may not be up for it this year.  I'll need to keep thinking on it.

Well, short note today to talk about raw class.  Need to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment